We have made the decision to suspend the Houston Harvard Alumni Book Club because of the ongoing coronavirus concerns. And, we'll do our best to reschedule Book Club in the near future. Until then, below are suggested books to read during our 'coronavirus suspension.'
- Pale Horse, Pale Rider by Katherine Anne Porter
- The Magic Mountain by Thomas Mann
- The Plague by Albert Camus
- White Teeth by Zadie Smith
- Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
- Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky
- Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
MORE ABOUT HOUSTON ALUMNI BOOK CLUB:
The club is open to all Harvard alumni, and there is no cost to attend! We would love for you to attend a Book Club meeting in the furutre and see what you have been missing! If you enjoy discussions with others who enjoy books and literature, you will be in the right place! For questions, contact Laura Davis at email@example.com. Our goal is to pick more books and meet once a month for a fun and informative get together.
All my best,
Laura H. Davis
Harvard University Club of Houston